Mushroom, butter bean & coconut stroganoff, rice
- 240 g butter beans (drained)
- 80 g wild rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms
- 60 g kale
- 1 red pepper
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the wild rice and place in a saucepan of 200ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the garlic and thinly slice the mushrooms. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces and roughly chop the kale.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat and fry the garlic and mushrooms for 5 mins, then add the red pepper, kale and smoked paprika for a further 3 mins.
- Drain the butter beans. Then add the butter beans, coconut milk and mustard to the vegetables and stir well. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 mins to thicken the sauce. Stir in the lemon juice to taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the wild rice.
- To serve, place the wild rice onto a warm plate, in the centre spoon over the mushroom, butter bean and red pepper stroganoff.