Mediterranean quinoa, bean burgers & avocado salsa
These protein-packed quinoa & cannellini bean burgers are bursting with Mediterranean flavours of black olives, sundried tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 avocado
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- handful basil
- 40 g black pitted olives
- 60 g sundried tomatoes
- 80 g quinoa
- 240 g cannellini beans (drained)
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and add to a pan of 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the sundried tomatoes and black pitted olives. Finely slice the basil leaves.
- To make the avocado salsa; finely dice the red onion, roughly chop the cherry tomatoes, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into small pieces. Add to a bowl and mix with half of the balsamic vinegar and half of the basil and 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Drain the cannellini beans, place in a bowl and mash for 2 mins with a potato masher until all the beans are crushed.
- Drain the quinoa and place in the bowl with the mashed beans, season with sea salt and black pepper and mix in the sundried tomatoes, black olives, and the remaining balsamic vinegar and remaining basil. Form the mix into 4 burgers.
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the quinoa burgers for 4-5 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Serve the Mediterranean quinoa & bean burgers alongside the avocado salsa.