Marinated vegetable kebabs, quinoa & black beans
Chargrilled vegetable kebabs marinated in chipotle and lime juice and served with a black bean & avocado quinoa.
- 240 g black beans (drained)
- 80 g quinoa
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200 g courgette
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- handful coriander
- 4 skewers
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock in 300ml boiling water in a jug. Rinse the quinoa and add to a saucepan with the stock, simmer for 15 mins. Drain the black beans and add to the quinoa, cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the yellow pepper into bite-sized pieces and the courgette into 5mm thick rounds.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chipotle paste, half of the lime juice and 1 tbsp oil. Add the yellow pepper, courgette and cherry tomatoes to the bowl, stir to coat.
- Thread the vegetables onto 4 skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the vegetable skewers for 10-15 mins, turning every 2-3 mins until the vegetables have softened. Drizzle over any remaining sauce from the bowl over the kebabs while they cook.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop into small pieces. Drain the black bean quinoa and stir through the avocado, remaining lime juice and half of the coriander. Season with black pepper.
- Serve the black bean quinoa on two plates and top with two vegetable kebabs on each. Sprinkle over the remaining coriander.