Lamb souvlaki, Greek style salad & sweet potatoes
Tender organic lamb marinated with oregano and cumin, chargrilled on skewers and served with roasted sweet potatoes and a refreshing Greek style salad. Time to turn up the BBQ!
- 300 g organic lamb steak
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300 g sweet potato
- 1 baby cucumber
- 40 g black pitted olives
- 2 tomatoes
- Fresh mint
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (sulphites)
- 4 skewers
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Finely chop or crush the garlic. To make the marinade; mix the cumin, half of the oregano, the garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cut each lamb steak into 8 pieces and place in the bowl, coat in the marinade and leave for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Toss with 1 tsp oil, the remaining oregano, and place on a baking tray for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Thread 4 pieces of lamb on each skewer.
- Preheat a griddle pan (or BBQ) to a medium-high heat, cook the skewers for 10-15 mins, turning every 2-3 mins until all sides are golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the Greek salad; dice the cucumber and tomatoes, halve the black olives, and finely slice the mint. Place all ingredients in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil, the white wine vinegar and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the Greek salad onto two plates, alongside the roasted sweet potato and top with two lamb skewers.