Huevos Rancheros, chicken & sweet potato hash
A delicious mexican classic, our version includes oven baked pulled chicken, iron-rich spinach & sweet potato hash with chopped avocado. Calories: 613
- 340 g free-range chicken breast
- 250 g sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 lime
- 160 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- handful coriander
- 60 g spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C and boil a kettle. Place the chicken on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1cm pieces, place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into quarters. Slice the red pepper and cut into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the coriander and spinach.
- Pull the chicken apart into small strips, using two forks. Place the pulled chicken, tomatoes, red pepper, coriander and spinach in a bowl. Add the chilli flakes, a pinch of sea salt and the juice of ½ a lime.
- Place the bowl of chicken and vegetables into an ovenproof dish, along with the sweet potato and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil. Crack the egg onto the top of the mix and place into the oven for 5-10 mins (until the egg is cooked).
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and roughly chop.
- To serve, place the contents of the pan onto a plate and drizzle with the remaining juice from the lime. Serve alongside the chopped avocado.