Honey & ginger salmon, rainbow slaw & brown rice
Sticky honey & ginger chargrilled salmon skewers served with a vitamin-packed rainbow slaw of sliced carrot, radish and sugar snap peas, and fibre-rich brown rice.
- 300 g salmon fillet
- 80 g brown rice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime
- 50 g radishes
- 150 g carrot
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- 4 skewers
- "Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a pan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt and simmer for 20-25 mins. "
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. In a bowl, mix together the honey, tamari, ginger and half of the juice from the lime. Place half of this mixture in a separate bowl. Cut the salmon fillets into bite-sized pieces (around 2cm) and place in one bowl of the sauce to marinate for 10 mins while you prepare the salad.
- Meanwhile, to make the rainbow salad. Peel the carrot and cut into matchsticks (or use a julienne peeler or spiraliser if you have one). Slice the radish and sugar snap peas thinly. Place the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and the remaining lime juice.
- Thread the salmon pieces onto the skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil (making sure it is well oiled to prevent sticking), add the salmon skewers for 10-15 mins and turn every 2-3 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
- Drain the brown rice.
- Spoon the brown rice onto two warm plates, top with two salmon skewers and serve alongside the rainbow salad. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the rainbow salad and skewers.