Harissa chicken, avocado, butternut squash & mint
- 1/2 red onion
- 180g free-range chicken breast
- 200g butternut squash
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Handful of mint
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into 2cm cubes. Place the squash onto a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tsp oil over and toss to coat. Season with sea salt and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Dice the red onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Roughly chop the mint leaves. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tsp oil. Add the chicken for 5 mins until golden brown, season with sea salt and black pepper, then add the red onion, garlic and smoked paprika to the pan for a further 5 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then stir in the cooked butternut squash, harissa paste and chopped mint to the chicken.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
- Serve the harissa chicken and squash on a warm plate alongside the sliced avocado.