Coconut & paprika pork stroganoff, broccoli rice
This creamy pork stroganoff is made with chestnut mushrooms, paprika and coconut milk, rich in healthy fats, and is served alongside nutrient-dense broccoli rice.
- 340 g Pork (loin)
- 1 cloves Garlic clove
- 1 piece Onion (red)
- 20 g Creamed coconut
- 150 g Mushrooms (chestnut)
- 2 tsp Paprika (smoked)
- 1 tsp Mustard (wholegrain)
- 1 piece Broccoli
- 1 piece Lemon
- 20 g Parsley
- Boil a kettle. In a jug, dissolve the creamed coconut in 100ml boiling water.
- Finely slice the red onion and chestnut mushrooms and finely chop the garlic and parsley. Slice the pork into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins.
- Add the sliced pork and cook for 5 mins until golden. Then add the mushrooms and smoked paprika and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the creamed coconut and wholegrain mustard, and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 5-10 mins, until the pork is cooked through. Stir in half of the lemon juice, to taste.
- Meanwhile, to make the broccoli rice, grate the broccoli into a rice consistency. Add the broccoli rice to a saucepan on a medium heat with 2 tbsp water, the remaining lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Stir continuously for 4 mins until tender.
- Mix half of the chopped parsley through the broccoli rice and serve on two warm plates, top with the pork stroganoff and scatter over the remaining chopped parsley.