Coconut & ginger chicken, pak choi & black rice
Creamy coconut chicken infused with fresh ginger & lemongrass, served with pak choi, baby sweetcorn and nutty black rice.
- 360 g free-range chicken breast
- 100 g black rice
- 80 g baby sweetcorn
- 1 pak choi
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 20 g fresh coriander
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug of 150ml boiling water.
- Peel and slice the ginger into matchsticks. Trim both ends of the lemongrass stalk and finely chop. Trim the sweetcorn and slice in half lengthways, cut the stalk off the pak choi and slice into 4cm pieces.
- Thinly slice the chicken and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a medium-sized pan on a medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the ginger and lemongrass for 1 min, then add the chicken and cook for 8 mins, turning occasionally until turning golden. Then add the baby sweetcorn and pak choi and cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the creamed coconut to the pan and simmer for 5-10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the black rice on two warm plates alongside the coconut & ginger chicken. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and drizzle with the juice from the lime.