Chimichurri steak, roasted pepper & sweet potato
At Mindful Chef we didn't want anyone to miss out on our delicious Chimichurri steak dish so we decided to pop the recipe below. Tell me more about Mindful Chef. Calories: 561
- 340g organic flank steak
- 300g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 140g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C and boil a kettle.
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthways and add to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 10 mins. Then remove from the water and place on a baking tray, rub with 1 tsp oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the oven for 15 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the red pepper on a baking tray and stuff with the cherry tomatoes, drizzle over 1/2 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest.
- While the steak is resting, finely chop the parsley, garlic clove and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Mix with the oregano, 1/2 tsp olive oil, the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, thinly slice the steak, and spoon over the chimichurri sauce. Serve alongside the baked sweet potato and red pepper stuffed with tomatoes.