Chicken, quinoa paella, artichokes, olives & lemon
A Spanish-style roasted chicken thigh paella made with superfood quinoa instead of white rice, and studded with black olives, orange pepper and artichoke hearts.
- 300 g chicken thighs
- 80 g quinoa
- 1 orange
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 80 g artichoke hearts
- 60 g black olives
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley
- "Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the chicken stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
- Finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the orange pepper. Halve the cherry tomatoes and artichokes, and roughly chop the parsley leaves. Cut the lemon in half, keep half for the juice and chop the remaining half into 4 wedges.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray or ovenproof dish. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and black pepper, a quarter of the smoked paprika and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place the chicken thighs in the oven for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan on a medium heat with 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic for 2 mins. Rinse the quinoa and add to the pan, then add the chicken stock, orange pepper and remaining paprika, simmer for 10 mins with the lid on.
- Then remove the lid, stir in the tomatoes, olives, artichokes and the juice from the remaining lemon and simmer for a further 5 mins until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid has all been absorbed. Add more boiling water if needed. Stir through half of the parsley and season with black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa paella into two warm bowls, top with the chicken and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.