Buckwheat chia pizza with hummus & courgette
We've created a superfood pizza, made with gluten-free buckwheat and omega-3 loaded chia seeds, topped with a quick & easy homemade basil hummus, sliced avocado and tangy balsamic onions.
- 120 g Chickpeas
- 150 g Buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Garlic clove
- 150 g Courgette
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 40 g Rocket
- Handful of basil
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. In a bowl, mix the chia seeds with 6 tbsps cold water and leave for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the red onion and slice the courgette into long thin strips. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. Finely slice the basil.
- Mix the buckwheat flour with the chia mix, a pinch of sea salt and 8 tbsps cold water to form a soft dough. Halve the dough and spread out on a sheet of baking paper into a pizza shape (15cm diameter) on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the pizzas in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas, add to a bowl with the garlic, 2 tsp oil and 2 tbsps cold water, then season. Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until crushed. Stir the basil into the hummus.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, fry the onion for 5 mins, then add half of the balsamic vinegar and cook for 3 mins.
- Drizzle the courgette strips with 1 tsp oil. Heat griddle pan on a medium heat and cook the courgette for 2-3 mins each side.
- To serve, place the pizza on two plates. Spread the hummus over the pizza, top with the courgette, onions and avocado. Drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar and serve alongside the rocket.