Beef & mustard burger and rosemary carrot fries
At Mindful Chef we love burgers so we created our very own Gluten-Free naked version, replacing the bun with portobello mushroom. Give this delicious recipe a go yourselves. Tell me more about Mindful Chef.
- 40 g rocket
- 1 avocado
- 300 g organic beef mince
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (mustard)
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 300 g carrots
- handful rosemary
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Remove the stalk from the portobello mushrooms and finely slice the red onion.
- Finely chop the rosemary (remove the stalk). Peel and cut the carrots into fries, place on a baking tray and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt, the rosemary and 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until turning golden, turning halfway through.
- Place the beef mince and mustard in a bowl, season and mix well. Form the mince into 2 burgers. Place the burgers on a baking tray in the oven for 10-15 mins until turning golden and cooked through.
- Also at this time place the portobello mushrooms on the carrot baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil, bake for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with 1 tsp oil and add the onions on a medium heat, cook for 10 mins until softened and golden brown. Add half of the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado, place in a bowl and crush with the back of a fork.
- To serve, place a portobello mushroom on each plate, top with the burger, the crushed avocado, followed by the balsamic onions. Serve alongside the carrot fries and the rocket drizzled with the remaining balsamic vinegar.