Beef meatball & tomato basil ragu squash noodles
- 150g organic beef mince
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 red onion
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 40g spinach
- 150g butternut squash
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- Handful of basil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and finely slice the basil leaves.
- Peel the butternut squash. Using a peeler, slice the squash into long thin strips. Place the squash noodles on a baking tray, lightly toss in 1 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, and place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the beef mince, garlic and half of the basil leaves. Shape the mix into 6-8 balls.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides for 10 mins, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the onion for 5 mins on a medium heat, then add the tomatoes, spinach and chipotle paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Remove the meatballs from the frying pan and add to the tomato pan with the remaining basil. Place a lid on the pan and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- To serve, place the squash noodles on a warm plate and spoon over the beef meatballs and tomato basil sauce.