Beef massaman curry with squash noodles & peanuts
A rich beef massaman curry with baked butternut squash noodles, a fantastic alternative to starchy noodles, adding extra flavour and beta-carotene for boosting the immune system.
- 340 g organic beef
- 300 g butternut squash
- 100 g spinach
- handful coriander
- 1 tbsp massaman curry paste (crustaceans)
- 40 g creamed coconut
- 15 g peanuts (nuts)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Peel the squash. Using a peeler, slice the squash into long thin strips. Dice the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the butternut squash noodles on a baking tray, lightly toss in 1/2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Set aside.
- Boil a kettle and dissolve the creamed coconut in 200ml boiling water. Heat a pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a high heat. Place the beef into the pan and brown for 5 mins, then add the curry paste for 1 min.
- Add the creamed coconut to the pan, then add the spinach and half of the coriander. Place a lid on the pan and turn down to a low-medium heat. Leave covered for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Meanwhile, place the butternut squash tray in the oven and cook for 15 mins.
- To serve, place the butternut squash noodles on a plate and top with the beef massaman curry. Sprinkle over the crunchy peanuts and remaining coriander.