Beef burger, poached egg, spinach, beetroot crisp
- 300 g organic beef mince
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 120 g cherry tomatoes
- 80 g spinach
- 200 g beetroot
- 200 g parsnip
- Fresh thyme
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic clove. Peel and finely slice the beetroot and the parsnips. Spread out onto a baking tray, sprinkle over the thyme leaves, a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
- In a bowl, mix together the beef mince with the garlic and sundried tomato paste. Form into two burgers and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place the burgers on one side of a baking tray, on the other side place the cherry tomatoes with 1 tsp oil, and put in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked.
- Boil a kettle. Place the spinach in a steamer over boiling water for 3-4 mins until wilted, then set aside and keep warm.
- Heat another saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
- Place each beef burger onto a warm plate, top with the spinach and the poached egg and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Serve alongside the parsnip and beetroot crisps, and the roasted cherry tomatoes.