Basil pesto & chicken courgetti, sundried tomatoes
We've created a homemade basil & pine nut pesto, packed with anti-inflammatory properties from the basil, and teamed it with courgetti.
- 360 g free-range chicken breast
- 300 g courgette
- 1 red onion
- 80 g spinach
- 20 g pine nuts
- handful basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 50 g sundried tomatoes
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgette noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- To make the homemade pesto: finely chop the basil leaves and half of the pine nuts. Mix the basil and pine nuts in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Finely slice the red onion, finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 mins on a medium heat. Then add the sliced chicken to the pan and cook for 8 mins.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Then add the courgetti to the pan and stir through the homemade pesto, cook for a further 2 mins.
- To serve, spoon the chicken pesto courgetti into a warm bowl and sprinkle over the remaining pine nuts.