Roasted Stuffed Marrow
The marrow is the not so distant relative of the courgette, only enormous. The wonderful thing about them is that they have the great taste of a courgette but because of how large they are, you can make a delicious and light summer meal with just one marrow that serves 4 people.
- 1 Marrow
- 5 stalks of fresh parsley
- 60 g parmesan cheese
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 30 g pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Split the marrow in two and then scoop out the inside and transfer onto a chopping board. Finely chop and then put into a large mixing bowl and mix well with the eggs, 45 grams of parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Next, on medium heat melt the butter and fry the onions until translucent. Once done, mix into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Fill the two hollowed out parts of marrow and sprinkle the pine nuts and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 45/50 mins or until golden on top.
- Season with salt and peper and serve with salad.