Rainbow Vegan Salad Bowl
As the saying goes, ‘you eat with your eyes’ which actually is a horrifying visual but the thought behind it makes sense, the better something looks, the more you want to eat it. That couldn’t be more true with this sugar free, vegan, rainbow salad bowl which is as nutritious as it is colourful.
- 1 handful spinach and/or baby leaf lettuce
- 4 tbsp dry couscous
- 1 green/yellow/red bell pepper
- 1/3 purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 stick celery
- 1 orange/tangerine
- handful seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cloves garlic
- For the sweet potato wedges preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Chop the sweet potatoes into wedges and place in a large bowl with the oil, paprika and garlic. Place the wedges onto a foil lined baking tray and put in the oven for about 35 mins, or until the tips are nice and crispy.
- While the wedges are roasting away in the oven, cook the couscous, which if you haven’t cooked before is so simple, put the dry couscous into a bowl and add boiling water then cover. The couscous will absorb the water and swell up nice and big.
- Chop up all the veggies, I used a spiralizer on the carrot but chopping the carrot is of course, totally fine too.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, put everything in a big bowl together, grating orange peel over the couscous. Enjoy with balsamic vinegar as a dressing or grated Parmesan for a non-vegan version. Lastly, so the orange doesn’t go to waste, enjoy it as a sweet dessert.