Rainbow Salad Bowl With Smashed Avocado
In case you’ve been living under a rock recently, salad bowls are kind of a big deal right now – *to be read in a Ron Burgandy Voice* – and for good reason. They are a great way to get loads of nutrients into one meal in a really visually pleasing and tasty way. This one contains cucumber, dark leafy greens, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cucumber, purple cabbage, smashed avocado, pomegranates and china rose radish sprouts.
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 broccoli, chopped
- handful dark greens, I used cavolo nero which is a dark cabbage but you can use any other greens, perhaps a baby leaf should the mood strike you
- 1/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- small handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp china rose radish sprouts, or any other sprout. If you don’t like sprouts, might I suggest that you top with almonds, pistachios or pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- sea salt
- Boil or steam the broccoli, once it is cooked, immediately rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, smash up the avocado with a fork and add the chopped red onion and a pinch of sea salt.
- Arrange the all the ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy with fresh lemon or lime.