Healthy Spinach and Herb Summer Soup
This recipe serves four so you can have it for dinner then bring left overs into work. It is especially good for that judgemental microwave in your office that rolls its eyes at you each time you go to warm up the same old boring store bought soup you’ve had a million times. I think it’s about thyme someone put that microwave in its place and this herb and spinach soup will certainly do the trick!
- 2 large potatoes
- 150 ml cream
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 900 ml water
- On a stove top, boil the potatoes in the water until soft then add the cream and mix together in a blender.
- Add all the herbs and spinach and whizz together in a blender, stop once it is full mixed and a lovely bright green colour.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread and salt to taste.
- Note – When reheating, don’t feel alarmed if the soup froths, it is just excited.