Gluten and Sugar Free Mini Pancakes
I SERIOUSLY, big time, could eat them all day, every damn day, love pancakes. I love them so much that sometimes when I am really craving pancakes, they are all I see, including people, who take a sort of snowman formation in my mind, only instead of snow balls they are made of pancakes and instead of coal and carrots for a face, it’s a fruit face – blueberries for eyes and strawberry mouth, obviously. These are gluten and refined sugar free, super tasty and miniature in size…cute, right?!
- 135 ml whole milk
- 190 g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 medium egg
- pinch salt
- agave syrup
- mixed fruit
- Get two mixing bowls and slap them on your kitchen counter. In one bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, flour, cinnamon and salt. In the other bowl, pour in the milk, egg and melted honey, beat the mixture together using an electric whisk.
- Pour the honey, milk and egg mixture into the bowl with the flour etc. and beat together until a batter is formed. The batter will be a bit thicker than your usual run of the mill pancakes – pfft, those guys, with their runny batter, am I right? – seriously though, there isn’t anything wrong with a runny batter but the thicker consistency is easier to control when pouring into the pan to achieve the small pancake size.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat and add a small teaspoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, pour a tablespoon amount of batter into the pan, since they are little you can have a few on the go at once. Flip the pancake when it starts to bubble.
- Keep going until you have run out of batter, add butter to the pan as and when you need it.
- Serve with agave syrup on top and mixed seasonal berries.