Chocolate Coated Nut Slices
Do you ever crave a chocolatey pick me up so badly that it makes you feel nutty? Well these sugar free nut slices are so good, it’s nuts – too many nut puns? I say, not enough! In a nutshell, these tasty slices are made of almond butter, dates, nuts and seeds and topped off with a velvety chocolate coating. Sugar free and can even be made vegan.
- 170 g dates pitted organic
- 60 g almonds, roughly chopped
- 75 g hazelnut, roughly chopped
- 45 g pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 60 g honey or agave syrup if making vegan
- 25 g almond butter
- 29 g oats
- 50 g organic cacao powder
- 3 tbsp cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Nut Slice: Start by chopping the dates up really fine, keep cutting until it starts to form a sort of paste. In a large bowl, mix together the chopped dates, almonds, seeds and nuts until they form a firm ball. Next, mix in the almond butter and honey/agave syrup. Lastly, stir in the oats. When it is all well mixed, spread the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, set by pushing down with a spoon. Finish it off by pouring over the chocolate coating (method below) and put in the fridge to set for a few hours. Once set, cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
- Chocolate Topping: Melt the coconut oil in the microwave until melted, about 20/30 seconds depending on your microwave. Pour the melted oil into a large bowl and stir in the cacao powder. Next, mix in the agave syrup until combined.