Turkey Meatballs & Courgetti
If you've not tried courgette yet then you have to, now! Especially if you get that horrible bloated feeling after eating pasta. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say it tastes like pasta, it doesn't. It tastes like courgette, doh! But seriously, it's close. It's so tasty and an amazing way to get some extra veg into your diet. And a really exciting way to eat courgette's (which can be extremely dull sometimes) is with my delicious turkey meatballs, of course.
- 500 g turkey minced
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 small bunch of basil
- Olive oil
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 courgettes
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in bowl.
- Roll in to ball’s, 2p coin size and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil. Add the meatballs, gently cooking. Browning them evenly, add the onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then add the chopped tomatoes and a good splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Gently simmer for 5-10 minutes. Adding the basil near the end and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the courgetti for 30 seconds. Alternatively, add to the pan to cook with the meatballs for the last 30 seconds, heating through.
- Serve on to a plate, pouring the meatballs of the top. Sprinkle with shredded basil.