Pulled Chicken Satay Chicory Boats
If you've seen these chicory leaves in the shops and thought, what the fudge will I do with them; well, now is time to give them a try. This is now my favourite way to eat satay. And it couldn't be simpler to make. Makes approx 25 boats
- 1 whole cooked chicken
- 4-6 Chicory heads
- 300 g blanched peanuts
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 chilli
- 1 tsp ground nut oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- *Plus extra spring onion, coriander and chilli for garnish
- Brown the nuts in a pan.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Blitz in a food processor/high speed blender.
- Pull the chicken into thin strips and mix with satay.
- Separate the chicory leaves, give a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Stuff a good spoonful of the chicken satay combo into the satay leaves.
- Garnish with spring onion, chilli and/or coriander.
- Enjoy, I know you are just going to LOVE these :)