Orange & Walnut Chocolate Mousse
I first discovered a similar recipe to this in a Honestly Healthy cookbook and I've been hooked ever since. I had never even dreamed of using avocado like this but when you start researching recipes, you soon learn. And WOW! The avocado gives it such a delicious creamy consistency and you can add so many flavours to it. It's unbelievable just how good this tastes, not even considering it's a healthy treat. Avocado, cacao, coconut oil - superfood heaven! The 'thick mousse' like consistency is silky smooth and the flavours work so well together. I know you’ll just love this :)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 orange
- handful walnuts to decorate when serving, roughly crushed
- Heat the coconut oil in a large glass bowl placed on top of a pot of boiling water. Be careful!
- Once melted, add the oil along with the avocado, orange juice and zest to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the agave syrup and cacao powder and blitz again until super smooth. Give it a taste and add more agave, if required.
- Dish mixture into 2 ramekins and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crushed walnuts.