My Favourite Granola
When I first made granola, I could not believe how easy it was and now, I make it all the time. Once you make this big batch, you’ll realise just how easy it is. You can vary the ingredients but this is my favourite recipe and the one my friends are always asking for. The granola should keep for up to 3 months, but you’ll have it eaten well before then.
- 500 g gluten free jumbo rolled oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 125 g raw pumpkin seeds
- 175 g raw cashew nuts
- 100 g dried mango
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large flat based pan, melt your coconut oil then add your oats, agave syrup and cinnamon. Stir well. (Alternatively, slowly melt (on a low heat) the coconut oil in a small pan and mix these ingredients in a bowl).
- After 2-3 minutes, transfer the mixture to your baking trays and place in the oven.
- The edge of the oats will start to go golden after 10 minutes, take them out of the oven and give them a good stir. Then return them to the oven for another 10 minutes, stirring them again after 5 minutes.
- Once the oats are nice and golden, take them out of the oven and add the cashews and pumpkin seeds to the mix and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, giving a good stir half way through.
- Remove from the oven and add the flax and sesame seeds to the mix. Once cool, add the mango and store in an airtight container.