The most divine Almond, Cashew & Date Yoghurt
This yoghurt is deliciously sweet and creamy and so simple to make. It's the perfect dairy-free alternative and can be mixed with frozen berries and topped with Louola's for breakfast or enjoyed as a cooling after-dinner treat. Don't be put off by the nut content in this yoghurt, the water content makes up for a large basis of the yoghurt and really reduces the calorie content. Nuts are a filling source of protein that curb your hungry cravings and help to stop you reaching for that unhealthy mid-afternoon snack. Just a quarter of a cup of almonds gives you 8 grams of protein, that's 2 more than an egg, so they really are a fabulous energy booster.
- 80g Almonds
- 30g Cashews
- 200ml approx water
- 180g medjool dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100g Louola's Superfood Quinola (Flavour of your choice)
- Place the nuts into your food processor and pulse.
- Once the nuts have broken down add the dates, cinnamon (if you wish) and 200ml of water. If the mixture isn't blending to become totally smooth and slightly runny, like yoghurt, then add some more water slowly until the consistency is correct. It may take a while to blend- this all depends on the strength of your blender- so be patient!
- Once it’s ready pour 1/5 into each bowl and top each with 20g of Louola's Superfood Quinola- whichever flavour you fancy!
- To store the yoghurt place into an airtight container and refrigerate- It should last for about a week.