Raw Chocolate Bark
There's no need to feel guilty when consuming this delicious nutty chocolate bark, not only is it dairy and sugar free it is also packed with the nutritious benefits of Louola's. In addition the cacao powder is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help to lower blood pressure, improve circulation, promote cardiovascular function and improve digestion. As if you needed another excuse to eat chocolate!
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Rice/Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Superfood Quinola
- On a low heat, add the coconut oil into a saucepan. Let the coconut oil melt and then add in the cacao powder. Using a spoon, stir the cacao into the coconut oil until it starts to resemble melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle in your salt. Take off the heat, and leave to one side. (The longer you leave it the thicker it will get!)
- In a baking parchment lined tray, pour in your chocolate and evenly smooth out.
- Sprinkle on your Quinola and optional added nuts/fruit/seeds etc., and pop into the freezer.
- Leave it in the freezer for around an hour, or until the chocolate has set.
- Bring out your chocolate and place on a chopping board. Using your hands or a knife, break the chocolate into shards, creating that bark like look.
- Your chocolate bark is now ready to serve.