Louola's Popcorn Clusters
Providing a sugar-free and protein-packed snack, Louola's popcorn clusters are perfect when you fancy something sweet, but don’t want to grab food that is loaded with sugar and additives. The addition of Louola's Quinola provides a nutritious twist on a traditional snack.
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup/Rice Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- Handful Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Un-popped Popcorn Kernels
- 20 g Quinola
- A little coconut oil to pop your corn
- Sprinkling Salt
- Put your kernels into a saucepan with a little coconut oil and wait for them to pop. Make sure you keep tossing the pan so the popcorn moves around and doesn’t burn.
- Pour your popped-popcorn into a bowl and set aside.
- On a low heat put the coconut oil into a saucepan and wait to melt.
- Next add the syrup into the pan, and wait for it to start to bubble.
- Add your nuts and quinola in so they can soak up all the syrup and start to caramelise.
- Next add the popcorn in and stir everything together. The popcorn, nuts and quinola should start to stick together in clusters.
- Pour out onto a baking paper lined tray and pop in the fridge, so they caramel can harden.
- Bring out after about half an hour and store in a jar or air-tight bag.