Raw Neapolitan Cake
Summer is the perfect season for raw cakes… When it’s 33 C (like it is here in Italy) and turning on the oven is the last thing on your mind, putting together a quick yet delicious Raw Neapolitan Cake is the best way to satisfy our dessert cravings, while staying healthy… and cool!
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Square Bars
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 4 frozen Cherries
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp shredded Coconut Flakes
- 2 tsp Raw Honey
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Cacao
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- juice of ⅓ of a Lemon
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 20 g Dark Chocolate
- 5 Raspberries
- Place the square bars (leave ¼ of a bar aside for decoration) and the coconut flour in a food processor and blend until crumbs form.
- In a small sauce pan heat up the coconut oil. Toss in the crust mixture and mix until it’s well combined and sticks together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 6 inch silicon mold using your fingers or the back of a tablespoon. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Place all ingredients for the cherry layer into a blender and process until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the cherry cream over the crust and spread it out evenly using a rubber spatula.
- Create the middle coconut layer sprinkling the shredded coconut on top of the cream making sure it’s nicely thick along the borders as well. Drizzle some honey over the shredded coconut and place the cake in the freezer for 15 minutes to set before adding the next layer.
- In the meantime, prepare the Chocolate Avocado Layer by mixing all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and gently pour this layer evenly over the cherry layer.
- Place the cake in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 4 or 5 hours. I leave it overnight.
- When the cake is already frozen, decorate it with some raspberries, melted chocolate and pieces of chopped Square Bars.
- Store the cake in the freezer, and take it out 20 minutes before serving so it softens.