Paleo Coconut Macaroons
As you can see from the list of ingredients, this recipe is absolutely grain free and suitable for all those who are following a grain free paleo diet. As opposed to the traditional coconut macaroons, that are usually extra sweet and filled with sugar, these paleo treats are delicately sweetened with just a little bit of agave and erythritol, a sugar alcohol that has 0 calories. What’s also great about these pastries is that they are really rich and one goes a long way, they leave you satisfied without indulging too much and one batch lasts a long time. Can’t wait for you to try them!!
- 80 g Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 free range Eggs
- 20 g Erythritol
- 30 g Organic Maple Syrup
- 40 g Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp alcohol free Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the erythritol and the agave until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and coconut milk and stir well.
- Lastly add in the shredded coconut and combine until you get a dense, sticky batter.
- Take 1 full tablespoon of batter and roll it in your hands giving your macaroons a spheric shape.
- Place your coconut macaroons on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the macaroons, bake them for 5 more minutes and let them cool down completely.