Paleo Apple Galette (Grain Free & AIP)
Galette is a French word that designates a rustic tart with a warm fresh fruit filling. And this grain free paleo apple galette is the perfect gluten free and gut friendly version of the original! This recipe is particularly good for all those who don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen or are intimidated by a perfectly shaped pie dough. In fact, to prepare this paleo apple galette you don’t even need a pie plate! All you need is an (imperfect) piece of flat dough and a sheet of parchment paper. Voila! You are ready to bake :) Because of the naturally sweet grain free flours that I used to bake the pastry, this paleo galette is also absolutely free from refined sugar!! Check out the ingredient list: not even honey nor maple syrup in there! hether you a following a paleo diet, are on the AIP or simply want to avoid gluten and dairy, this recipe is what you need to never feel deprived and enjoy food without any of the nasty side effects we get from eating junk!
- 80 g Tigernut Flour
- 60 g Arrowroot Flour
- 20 g Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 10 g Maca Powder
- 60 g Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 40 g Coconut Oil
- 30 g Coconut Water
- 1/2 Peach
- 1/3 Apple
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the dry ingredient together in a bowl, mix well with a fork and add in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Knead well with your hands until you have a nice ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough for your paleo galette between two sheets of parchment paper until about ¼” thick.
- Place the fruit filling in the center of your dough (try to place the slices in a circular shape like you see in the photos) and carefully fold the pastry sides up.
- Sprinkle the top of your paleo apple galette with cinnamon and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden.
- Remove the paleo apple galette from the oven and let it cool before slicing.