Grain & Gluten Free Chocolate Coffee Cookies
- 80 g Cassava Flour
- 50 g Sweet Potato Starch
- 50 g Chickpea Flour (replace with Coconut Flour to make this Paleo)
- 20 g Cacao
- 20 g Carob Powder
- 1/4 tsp Espresso Coffee Powder
- 30 g Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp Green Stevia
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder (replaceable with Vanilla Extract)
- 85 g Coconut Milk
- 65 g Coconut Oil
- 2 piece range Yolks
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Green Tea Matcha
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 20 g Dark Chocolate
- 20 piece Violets or other edible Flowers
- Preheat the oven to 350 F on convection bake.
- Sift all the flowers in a bowl, mix well and add the other dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones and knead well with your hands. You should get a very smooth, pliable dough.
- Take a large piece of parchment paper and roll down the dough with a rolling pin until 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Shape your grain free Chocolate Coffee Cookies with a circular cookie cutter and poke each one twice in the middle with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn off the oven and let them cool down inside for 15 more minutes so they reach the perfect friable, crispy texture.
- To prepare the matcha glaze, melt the coconut oil on very low heat, add in the coconut milk and matcha and mix well. Lastly, add in the erythritol and keep on mixing until it starts to boil and gets foamy. Take it off the stove, mix again until it goes back to being liquid and drizzle it over 1/2 of the cookies (if it starts to solidify, heat it up over the stove for a minute and finish garnishing.
- To decorate the second half of the cookies, dip your finger in the honey and spread a very thin layer of it over the cookies. Pour the coconut flakes in a small plate and dip the cookies in on the honeyed side.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat. I usually only leave the heat on the stove for a minute and then let it finish melting in the hot pan while mixing constantly.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the remaining cookies, scatter some edible flowers on your grain free cookies and get ready to enjoy them!!