Grain Free – Paleo Waffles with Coconut Flour
If you are looking to turn traditional waffles into a grain free paleo treat, this recipe made with coconut flour is for you! I created this one on a hot Sunday morning in Laguna Beach, when I was setting up a quick home made brunch that was healthier that the waffles you get when you eat out in a restaurant. Here’s your recipe. It’s quick, easy and a great relief for those that are trying to eat grain free and don’t want to give up a nice waffle brunch!
- 30 g Cassava Flour
- 15 g Arrowroot Flour
- 15 g Coconut Flour
- 20 g Tigernut Protein Mix
- 100 g Banana (1 small banana)
- 120 g Coconut Milk
- 20 g Water
- 50 g Orange Juice (juice of 1/2 orange)
- 25 g Maple Syrup
- 3 g Baking Soda
- 20 g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Papaya
- 2 dried Figs
- 2 tsp shredded Coconut Flakes
- 10 g shaved 100% Dark Chocolate
- Turn on your Waffle machine.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine banana, coconut milk, orange juice and water in a blender and process until you get a smooth liquid.
- Pour the liquid over the flour mix, add in the maple syrup and mix well.
- Lastly, add in the baking soda and the apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Pour half the batter in the waffle machine and when you first grain free waffle is ready, cook the second one with the remaining batter.
- Top each waffle with some diced papaya, dried figs, shredded coconut and shaved dark chocolate and enjoy!!