Gluten Free Treasure Chests
These Gluten Free Treasure Chests are one of those treats that get stuck into your mind because they are linked to a cool memory. And, unlike usual, this is not one of my recipes, but a courtesy of my mom, the wizard behind the Italian blog www.pentolefornelli.blogspot.it
- 300 g Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 60 g melted Coconut Oil
- 3 free range Egg Yolks
- 60 g Lemon Juice
- 60 g Dates
- 1 pinch Stevia
- Grated Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 100 g Apricot Jam
- 30 g 100% Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, yolk, coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well.
- As all the ingredients start binding, add in the stevia and smashed dates and knead well.
- When you have a compact ball of dough, roll it down with a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- Create lots of circles using a round cookie cutter and put 1/2 tsp of apricot jam in the middle of half of the circles of dough you cut.
- Place the second half of circles on top of the ones covered with jam and press them down on the borders using a fork.
- Dab a thin layer of apricot jam on top of your gluten free treasure chests and bake them for 25/30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Once they cooled down completely, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it on top of your gluten free treasure chests.
- Let the chocolate solidify in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and serve.