Gluten Free Ginger Scones
Try it out these scones asap! They are the best thing ever!
- 375 g gluten-free flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 80 g Erythritol
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum or Sweet Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g Raisins
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 35 g Coconut Oil
- 2 free range Eggs
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Ginger Liquor
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Ginger Liquor
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°.
- Sift the flour, salt, erythritol,gum (or sweet potato starch) and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Add in the raisins, spices, stevia, melted coconut oil, lightly beaten eggs, coconut milk and liquor until you have a soft sticky ball of dough.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper, place your gluten free scone dough on top and shape it with your hands giving it a circular shape.
- Pat the dough to 3 cm thickness then cut into slices using a big knife.
- Separate the scones from each other so when they rise they won’t stick and sprinkle some more erythritol on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until browned.
- To prepare the ginger glaze, heat up a small pan and pour in the erythritol until it starts to melt, add in the ginger liquor and ground ginger and keep on mixing until it starts bubbling and gets foamy.
- Take the pan off the stove, let the bubbles go down and when it’s back to its liquid state quickly pour it over the scones before it solidifies.
- Let your gluten free ginger scones cool down and enjoy!!