All You Can Eat Gluten Free Apple Cake
If you are anything like me, when there’s a cake in the house, you just can’t leave it alone. Especially when it’s a gluten free apple cake. One of my all time favorites! Since I know myself, baking a big cake when it’s just the two of us, is not a wise choice. And because I know I won’t give it a break until the cake it’s finished, I learned to bake in smaller cake pans. If you are a cake addict like me, get yourself a 5 inch pan and use the measurements below to limit the damage. If instead you are more disciplined, simply double the doses and go for a traditional full size pan! In any event, the good thing about this healthy gluten free recipe is that is very low in sugar, has barley any fat and, like always, it’s gluten free!
- 20 g Honey
- 2 Yolks
- 40 g Rice Flour
- 30 g Cassava Flour
- 30 g Rice Starch
- 50 g Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 g Coconut Oil
- 10 g Dessert Wine
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (replaceable with 1 tsp Cream of Tartar and 1 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate)
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whip the yolks with the honey until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the flours and the melted coconut oil and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the other liquid ingredients, mix well and lastly add in the baking powder.
- Pour the batter in a small but tall baking pan (the one I use has a 5 inch diameter) lined with parchment paper.
- Slice the apple with a mandolin and use the slices to decorate your cake.
- Sprinkle some pine nuts on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy lukewarm and if you like it, drizzle some almond butter on top to give it a extra rich flavor!