AIP Breakfast Tapioca Porridge
What I love about this recipe is that is suitable pretty for anybody as I worked very hard to make it compliant to basically every allergy in the world, so that even paleo, grain free and AIP eaters can enjoy a breakfast that’s traditionally not allowed. And besides, this porridge recipe takes another step forward: in fact sometimes even those who are already on a very strict AIP diet need to observe the further limitations of FODMAP containing foods, that can exacerbate problems such as IBS (Irritable Bowl Syndrome).
- 250 ml Water
- 100 g Tapioca Grits aka Granulated Tapioca
- 150 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 dates
- 2 cup frozen Rhubarb
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Dates
- 1 tbsp Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract
- Grease a medium sized saucepan with coconut oil, put it on the stove over medium heat and pour in the rhubarb. Let it cook until it starts to soften, adding water when needed.
- 10 minutes later pour in the raspberries (and the optional date syrup) and finish cooking your sauce, adding water if needed.
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. When it starts bubbling, pour in the tapioca grits.
- Simmer over medium heat and stir often. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer your AIP breakfast porridge and stir for about 5-8 minutes, until the tapioca is completely translucent.
- In the meantime, blend vanilla, maca, coconut milk and dates. Strain the tapioca porridge in a colander, transfer it back into the pot over low heat and add in the coconut mixture and a bit of stevia.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes, until the liquid is absorbed. Pour your breakfast porridge in thee wine glasses (I like to look fancy ;) and create layers with the rhubarb-raspberry sauce.
- Enjoy these little cups of grain free porridge while they are still warm. It doesn't get any better!!