Spicy Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This dish is the perfect balance of comforting indulgence, but with lots of delicious wholesome ingredients. It is also quick to make for a mid-week supper, yet tastes fancy enough for a weekend treat!
- 1 cup walnuts
- Half a large green chilli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Large handful of fresh basil with stalks
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- gluten free pasta
- Half an onion diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 mushrooms chopped up
- Half a bag of raw spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Place all the pesto ingredients into a blender and whizz together until they form a paste - if the mixture is a little dry you can add a touch more olive oil.
- Place your spaghetti in the water and cook for 7-10 minutes (or as per the instructions on the packet) until it is soft but not too soft! You may need to boil a kettle of water ready to pour over the spaghetti once it's cooked if using brown rice spaghetti as it is starchier than normal pasta.
- While your spaghetti is cooking brown your onions off in a pan, along with the garlic.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Add the peas and wilt the spinach in the pan until it is just cooked, then squeeze over the lemon and stir through.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti and half of the pesto you have made, and mix together until it is all nicely coated.
- Serve with some fresh basil leaves and enjoy!