Slow Roast Tomatoes
I can’t take the credit for the recipe for these slow roast tomatoes, but it is just too good not to share with you all! This is one of my Mum’s yummy creations and is proof that sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest! I was recently out in France at my parents’ wonderful Bed & Breakfast, Le Perchoir des Paons, and had these almost daily – they are perfect in a salad, as a canapé or on their own at any time of the day! You can chop them finely and make a beautiful dressing, or, my personal favourite, simply serve them with some fresh basil and some crumbled goats cheese!
- Fresh tomatoes
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Set your oven to the lowest heat.
- Chop your tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray.
- Season with Salt & Ground Black Pepper.
- Place the tray in the oven for around 4 hours until the tomatoes are soft and slightly dried out.
- Eat straight away when warm, or keep in the fridge.
- Preserve for longer by covering with olive oil and storing in an airtight container.