Raw Cacao Superseed & Nut Bars
These are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast bar, a mid morning or mid afternoon snack or an energy boost before exercise, and they really couldn’t be simpler to make. With no cooking necessary they can be blitzed up in minutes and ready within an hour!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 50 g flax seeds
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- Blitz the coconut oil, banana and tahini or nut butter in a food processor until it forms a thick paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse gently until it is all combined and the nuts and seeds have broken up but are not ground.
- Taste test - for a little extra sweetness you can add a drizzle of maple syrup or raw honey.
- Spoon into a flat tray lined with baking paper and pack down before putting in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove from baking paper, cut into bars and store in the fridge.