Raw Banana & Peanut Butter Chocolate Torte
I used only natural occurring sugars in this Banana & Peanut Butter Chocolate Torte, yet it is plenty sweet enough. I like a nice thick base to my desserts, so this ticked the box with a crunchy, nutty bottom – and the banana centre gives a gooey, sweet taste. A topping of peanut butter flavoured raw chocolate meant I think I managed to wow the family for our Easter Sunday lunch. It certainly disappeared pretty damn quickly anyway, which I always take as a good sign!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Freeze dried rasperries to sprinkle on top
- Place all the base ingredients into a blender and blitz until they are all chopped up - but not ground. The mixture should naturally hold together if you squeeze it between your fingers.
- Fill a circular baking tin (ideally one with a removable base that you can push out) with the base mixture and pack down firmly.
- Place in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over a very low heat and then add the maple syrup, peanut butter, raw cacao, sea salt and vanilla powder and stir together until it has all combined.
- Take the base from the freezer and create a layer with the chopped up bananas.
- Pour the chocolate over the top to cover the banana and then sprinkle over the freeze dried raspberries.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes - or until the chocolate has set - and then store in the fridge until it is ready to eat.
- Serve with some coconut yoghurt and fresh raspberries to balance the richness of the torte.