Quinoa & Butter Bean Salad
A delicious, fresh quinoa salad recipe that is perfect as an accompaniment to meat or fish, or served alone for yummy healthy meal.
- 120 g dried Quinoa
- 100 g green beans
- Half a head of broccoli
- Large handful of Kale
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 can of butter beans
- 50 g whole almonds
- 50 g pistachio nuts
- Large handful of chopped coriander
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Juice of a whole lemon
- Juice of a whole lime
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, around 2 inches, crushed or grated
- Steam off your green beans, broccoli, kale and peas and once cooked chop into small bite-size pieces. Add them to your cooked quinoa.
- Drain your butter beans from the tin and rinse them under cold water. Then add them to the Quinoa and vegetable mixture.
- Chop your almonds, pistachios and coriander and add this to the Quinoa.
- To make the dressing simply add all the ingredients to a bowl (or for an even easier method pop in a jar so you can shake it up to mix it). Taste test it, it should be lovely and citrusy with a heat from the ginger and saltiness from the soy. If you like a bit more sweetness to your dressing you can add a touch of maple syrup or local honey at this point. Add some salt and pepper to taste as well.
- Drizzle your dressing over the Quinoa and mix well. Then you are ready to serve!