Quinoa Bircher Breakfast
Quinoa Bircher Breakfast is my newest and latest obsession… yes I even choose this over porridge! Shocker! Quinoa has a low glycaemic load which means that it provides us with a slow release source of energy. It is also a great plant based source of protein and for me, when I have it for breakfast, it keep me full for hours!
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut or dried coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 scoop blueberries
- 1 scoop pecan nuts
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup for sweetness if needed
- Place the quinoa, chia seeds, cinnamon and coconut in a bowl and mix in the nut milk, followed by the coconut yoghurt. If you have a sweet tooth then add a touch of honey or maple syrup at this point.
- If prepping in advance cover it at this stage and store in the fridge. You can also eat it straight away.
- Serve with the blueberries and pecan nuts on top, along with a little extra coconut.