Quick and simple breakfast hash
This is one of my favourite breakfasts and it is so quick and easy to make! It is the perfect balance of green goodness and fibre from the Kale, turmeric for it’s anti-inflammatory benefits, along with protein and fats from the eggs and feta. Having a breakfast based on protein is the perfect start to your day as it helps stabilise your blood sugar and keep you fuller for longer.
- 2 eggs
- 2 large handfuls of Kale or other leafy green vegetables
- 3/4 medium sized mushrooms chopped
- 1 tomato roughly
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 20 g feta cheese
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Optional extras for added yumminess are cooked bacon, smoked salmon or a vegetarian alternative.
- Gently toast your sunflower seeds and turmeric over a medium heat for starters, then add your mushrooms and leafy greens. Allow to reduce down and once your greens are cooked throw in your tomato and feta cheese, season with salt and pepper at this point and then simply add the two eggs straight into the pan and mix all together. The eggs will only take a minute or so to cook through so be careful not to over cook them and turn them to a rubbery mess! If you are using bacon, cook this in the pan first and then add the ingredients on top, for smoked salmon simply pop it in at the last minute when you serve it.