This is super simple and the perfect warming breakfast for a chilly autumn day. The beetroot gives it enough flavour so you don’t need to add any other sweetener, and the almond milk makes it beautifully creamy! The colour makes me smile every time I see it, who doesn’t like to eat pink food?
- 50 g Oats
- 50 g grated raw beetroot
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 300 ml almond milk
- Toppings of your choice - I used figs on this occasion but you could have it naked, with berries, yoghurt or a spoonful of nut butter for real indulgence!
- Put all of the ingredients into a pan and gently bring up to heat.
- Keep stirring until the oats are soft, usually no more than 5 minutes, and add any additional liquid you require (can be water or more almond milk) to get it to the texture you like.
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings.
- Enjoy the beautiful warming heat and glow from the inside out!