Oat Tahini and Strawberry Cookies
These cookies are really easy to make and taste utterly delicious, plus they are nut free. They do contain maple syrup so I would look at them more as a healthier alternative to shop bought bars and biscuits rather than a staple part of your everyday diet! Remember it is all about baby steps and moderation and I would never advocate not allowing yourself some sweet little indulgences!
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp freeze dried strawberries
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry mixture in a bowl.
- Add in the tahini and maple syrup then stir well until all the dry mixture is coated in the wet mixture.
- Take a small handful of mixture and shape into a circle (or use a cookie cutter if you have one) and place on a lined baking tray. Keep the cookies around 1cm thick all round so they cook evenly. You could also do one large cookie and cut it up after cooking to make more of a bar.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for around 12 minutes - or until the edges are golden but the middle is still a little soft.
- Try not to eat all at once!