Carrot Cake Energy Balls
Carrot Cake is one of those things that so many people seem to love – it is stodgy and indulgent and generally delicious! So I have created these little Carrot Cake Energy Balls as a way of getting some of the flavours, without quite so much decadence, yet they still taste delicious and always go down a treat when people try them. They are perfect for a little pick-up whenever you need it – or as a cheeky little pudding.
- 100 g dried apricots
- 2 raw carrots that have been peeled and grated
- 120 g raw carrots that have been peeled and grated
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- The zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender and blitz until they are can easily combine together. Test this by pinching a bit of the mixture in your hand and seeing if it holds.
- Weigh out around 20g per ball (if you want to keep them all one size) and then roll into a ball in your hands.
- In a separate bowl add a small amount of desiccated coconut and roll the ball in it to coat the outside. It doesn't have to be perfect!
- Once all the balls are rolled and coated in coconut place them in the freezer for 30 minutes and then transfer to the fridge where they will keep for several days.