Berry Buckwheat Pancakes
I could eat pancakes every day… I don’t, but I could! I think possibly one of my favourite things on the planet is a French crepe filled with Nutella, eaten whilst walking along a little cobbled street in the sunshine. But on occasions when this isn’t possible I will settle for my Berry Buckwheat Pancakes! On this occasion I made these pancakes with blackberries foraged from the hedgerows on my country walks, however they work beautifully with blueberries as well. If you want to make them more ‘protein’ pancakes then substitute half of the buckwheat flour with your protein powder.
- 50 g berries
- 2 eggs
- 75 g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Mash the banana and berries together in a bowl.
- Add the buckwheat flour, cinnamon and eggs and mix well.
- Pour in the almond milk and mix together.
- Heat a frying pan with some coconut oil.
- Pour several dollops of pancake mixture into the pan and wait until you see little bubbles forming before turning the pancakes over and cooking on the other side.
- Stack your pancakes, drizzle with honey, add a dollop of yoghurt and finish off with a handful of fresh berries.